Saturday, March 17, 2012

CLUE (1985)

[Update 7/11/17: Horrible review. No idea when I will find the time to redo it.]

A group of strangers are summoned to a remote mansion for a dinner party. Each is directed to use an alias. After dinner it's revealed that each person is secretly being blackmailed and the blackmailer is no other than that dude over in the corner, Mr. Body. The lights go out and when they come back on Mr. Body is dead. Who could the murderer be? There's an entire room full of suspects.

As a mystery CLUE is weak. As a comedy it's OK at best. I never laughed or even smiled once, but I was mildly entertained.  I admit there were a few cleverly written lines, but overall it was pretty mediocre.

Watch if you want, I don't care, but in the remainder of my life I will probably watch the similarly themed THE PRIVATE EYES a dozen more times, but I will never revisit CLUE. If I do, it'll just be to scope out the maid's cleavage.